What Happens to Your Data?
Like you, I care about the protection of privacy, both online and offline
Your Right to Privacy
You will find the Terms & Conditons regarding my astrology services on the Policy page of my ExceptionalPurpose.com website
( Updated June 9 2018 )
I do not, will not, sell your data, ever.
I do not, will not, spam you.
Any information gathered about you in person, via email, in online conversations, or via my online forms (including your name, contact details, and birth details) will never be sold or deliberately shared with any other parties, apart from the following exceptions:
- if required by law to do so;
- in the secure processing of that data as necessary in fulfilling my work for you (see the Third Party Services I use, below);
- if expressly requested to do so by you in writing (by email)
—example: for cross-referencing with other therapists or counsellors.
While I take great care to protect your personal data, if at any time you want your personal data altered, or deleted from my devices or server, you have that right. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in that instance.
Also, while I have great trust in the reputation of the third-party services I have chosen to employ in my work for you, I cannot take responsibility for their own security systems.
1. Third Party Services I Use
- Typeform automatically send your form data, initial email, or survey answers to me at both my private, encrypted Swiss email account at ProtonMail (which I do not use for any other purpose), and my Spark email client, created by Readdle, an award-winning software company.
- Your Booking Form is stored on my computer, and on an external hard-drive, as a PDF document and is password-protected. It is not stored in my Email apps, but is deleted from them after I have downloaded it to my computer.
- Any further email correspondence I have with you is generated via the Spark email apps (on my Mac OS and iOS devices).
- My websites and email accounts are hosted by InMotion Hosting, which has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau (USA and Canada).
- I offer secure online credit/debit card processing on my ExceptionalPurpose.com website via Stripe, an internationally recognised online company currently serving 100,000+ businesses in 100+ countries across nearly every industry on the globe. This BodhimindEssences.com website will soon offer online payments; but until then, all payment procedures are accessed at my ExceptionalPurpose.com site (see the https and lock icon in the address bar for all pages on my sites, and for any site where you are sharing your data), even though all transactions occur on the Stripe server, not my ExceptionalPurpose.com (InMotion Hosting) server. I never have access to your credit/debit card information.
My Stripe dashboard (at Stripe.com) allows me to see only your name, email address, and billing address associated with your payment amount, payment date, and type of card used (VISA, Mastercard, etc).
- I use either my personal Dropbox or Google Drive cloud accounts to briefly store the audio MP3 recording of your session(s), to offer you exclusive access to download your own audio file from the private link I email to you. Your MP3 file is deleted from the cloud asap after you inform me you have successfully downloaded it.
- I use Zapier to securely and automatically populate my mailing list (stored on the MailChimp server, as above) from your online Stripe payments to me. If you do not wish to receive any correspondence from me in the future, you can either unsubscribe easily from within the next newsletter (though, I don’t send them often) or contact me to request removal from my newsletter list and/or from my email Contacts list altogether—no questions asked, it’s your prerogative.
2. Session Recordings
- Sessions booked to be more than one hour in duration are digitally recorded for you as mp3 audio files, and it is your own responsibility to keep that file secure at your end.
- This is how I keep your audio file secure at my end:
I keep a digital mp3 copy of these audio session(s) only on a separate external drive, and for a limited time, as a reference for further work for you during your sessions.
- You will be able to access the audio file again, at no charge from me, if you lose it, while it is still in my possession. I can’t keep them for years, though, due to their size and the expense—and clutter!—of storage devices.
- I don’t store your recordings in the cloud, apart from the brief interval when you can access and download your mp3 file from my Dropbox or Google Drive cloud accounts (see #1.8 above).
- All Consultations (discussions and written material) are strictly confidential. And that goes for both sides: if I share anything personal with you during your session that may be pertinent for you, I expect you to also honour my own privacy.
- I don’t write client report files about you apart from brief keywords that I may occasionally scribble in my dedicated note book when preparing flower essences formulas for you (but I do store what you have included in your Booking Form—as described in #1.3 above), apart from creating the personal Suggested Resources PDF files I email to you if you have had a Yogacara Astrology session with me, as your astrology chart itself is shorthand for me and unintelligible to most other people, including many astrologers.
- Offering a testimonial for my use on my websites implies you are happy with me using your testimonial on any of my websites and my promotional material. I will not use your testimonial on social media sites.
- Any testimonials you have offered that are published on this site can be deleted or altered at your will. Please contact me for any changes, and I will implement them asap.
regarding the GDPR Legislation
I recommend you check out as much information as you can regarding the new GDPR legislation from the European Union, whether as a site visitor or a website owner. It ultimately applies to all of us, regardless of where we live.
Data-harvesting is currently the biggest money-spinner in the world, leading to companies being sold for millions or billions of dollars purely for the personal data they have harvested from their customers and subscribers. You now have rights.
As a website/blog visitor, you will automatically have rights to all of your digitally stored data from European Union websites, as of May 25 2018. Though, all websites, globally, will now have to follow the same privacy and data practices, as EU visitors will be accessing websites globally, and can claim their privacy and personal data rights globally under EU law.
As a website/blog owner outside the EU, you will benefit from complying with the new GDPR legislation. This will not only protect you and your business from any future litigation hassles, but you will be building trust with your site visitors, customers, and clients. You will also be contributing to this much needed global benefit for all of us. The GDPR legislation has been put in place to make the internet safer for everyone.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate your trust!
— Kerrie Redgate