Your Right to Privacy
You will find the Terms & Conditons regarding my astrology services on the Policy page of my ExceptionalPurpose.com website
Like you, I care about the protection of privacy, both online and offline.
And the EU’s new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) affects us all. Below are the ways I use and store your data:
( Updated May 21 2018 )
I do not, will not, sell your data, ever.
I do not, will not, spam you.
Any information gathered about you in person, via email, in online conversations, or via my online forms (including your name, contact details, and birth details) is never sold or deliberately shared with any other parties, except if required by law; or in the secure processing of that data as necessary in fulfilling my work for you (see the Third Party Services, below); or unless expressly requested to do so by you—example: for cross-referencing with other therapists or counsellors.
Third Party Services I Use
- My Booking Forms, Email Forms and Survey Forms are hosted off-site (not on my server) and processed digitally by Typeform.com. The forms are encrypted and coded by Typeform, and I have had very good customer service from them. They are now well-known and well-regarded internationally.
Typeform automatically send your form data, email, or survey answers to me at my private, encrypted Swiss email account at ProtonMail. You can view the Privacy Policies of Typeform and ProtonMail on their sites.
- Any further email correspondence I have with you is generated via the Spark mail apps (for Mac OS and iOS devices) created by Readdle, an award-winning software company .
- My websites and email accounts are hosted by InMotion Hosting, which has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau (USA and Canada).
- I offer secure online credit/debit card processing on my ExceptionalPurpose.com website via Stripe, an internationally recognised online company currently serving 100,000+ businesses in 100+ countries across nearly every industry on the globe. This BodhimindEssences.com website will soon offer online payents; but until then, all payment procedures are accessed at my ExceptionalPurpose.com site (see the https and lock icon in the address bar for all pages on my sites, and for any site where you are sharing your data), even though all transactions occur on the Stripe server, not my ExceptionalPurpose.com (InMotion Hosting) server.
- I use either my personal Dropbox or Google Drive cloud accounts to briefly store the audio MP3 recording of your session(s) (only your sessions booked for 1 hour+ are recorded for you, and always with your permission), to offer you exclusive access to download your own audio file after I have emailed the private link to you.
- And finally, I use Zapier to automatically populate my mailing list from the online payments I receive from Stripe. If you do not wish to receive any correspondence from me in the future, you can either unsubscribe easily from within the next newsletter (though, I don’t send them often) or contact me to request removal from my newsletter list and/or from my email Contacts list altogether—no questions asked, it’s your prerogative.
All Consultations (discussions and written material) are strictly confidential. And that goes for both sides: if I share anything personal with you during your session that may be pertinent for you, I expect you to also honour my own privacy.
Your Booking Form is stored on my computer, and on an external hard-drive, as a PDF document and is password-protected. It is not stored in my Email app, but is deleted from there after I have downloaded it to my computer.
I don’t write client files about you (but I do store what you have included in your Booking Form—as described above), apart from creating the personal Suggested Resources PDF files I email to you, as your astrology chart itself is shorthand for me and unintelligible to most other people, including many astrologers!
Sessions booked to be more than one hour in duration are digitally recorded for you as mp3 audio files, and it is your own responsibility to keep that file secure at your end. I keep a digital mp3 copy of these audio session(s) only on a separate external drive, and for a limited time, as a reference for further work for you during your sessions. (While your mp3 audio file is still available, it can be resent to you digitally at no charge should you lose your copy.) I can’t keep them for years, though, due to their size and the expense—and clutter!—of storage devices. Apart from the brief interval when you can download your mp3 file from my Dropbox or Google Drive cloud accounts (as above), I don’t store it in the cloud.
This site uses the Google Analytics cookies to collect your general usage data for analytics processing only. This is non-personally identifiable information which records my site visitors’ movements around the site, the time spent on each page, demographics such as country or city location, and type of device (mobile, iOS, etc). These cookies are set to expire after one month.
If you have any security concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I recommend you check out as much information as you can regarding the new GDPR legislation from the European Union. It applies to all of us, regardless of where we live. You will have extra rights to all of your online stored data, globally, as of May 25 2018.
While I take great care to protect your personal data, if at any time you want your personal data altered, or deleted from my devices or server, you have that right. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in that instance.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate your trust!
— Kerrie Redgate